The Sunbird Credentials system is architected for configuration and deployment of digital credentials at scale. The system uses an open specification - an extension based on OpenBadges V2 - which provides the ability for learners to easily learn and earn certificates that can be verified in an electronic paperless manner. The Sunbird approach proposes an electronic, machine readable specification to represent various credentials/certificates in ecosystems such as academia, skilling etc.
Digital credentials bring in various conveniences such as being freely portable and easily verifiable at scale and speed by employers and job matching platforms, whilst continuing to allow print and other visual forms for human consumption.
Key capabilities of the service include:
- Ability to embed the service in various workflows as per adopter requirements
- Various configurations for triggering credentials - progress, performance etc.
- Unique QR code generation per certificate for security
- Credential templates for creation of custom certificates
- Ability to monitor credential issuance, and APIs for credential management (reissue)